Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary of the first post to the Library History Buff Blog (LHBB). The LHBB is a companion to the Library History Buff website. This is blog post number 137. The LHBB has turned out to be one of my better ideas for promoting library history. I installed a website statistical package last January, and it tells me that 19,000 pages have been loaded from the site since I installed the package and that 12,000 unique visitors have accessed the site. Not very impressive in the scheme of things but I'm still pleased that there are people finding their way to the site. Thanks to George Eberhart for his AL Direct links to many of the blog posts and to the ALA Library for its tweets about my posts. Also thanks to those who have provided a link from their website or blog to the LHBB. And most of all thanks to all the readers of the blog.

2 comments:

Jim Carmichael said...

Thank you, Larry, for all your time and interest. The LH Buff Blog is the best thing to happen to Library History in recent years. Every month, just when I am beginning to think that Administrattion is swal;lowing me whoile, in comes one of your posts, and I reme4mber why I joined the field. Congratulations, and thank you more than I can say.

Jim Carmichael
Professor
The Universiuty of North Carolina at Greensboro

Radical Patron said...

Congratulations and thank you for this wonderful, wonderful blog!