Thursday, April 16, 2009

Library Buttons

Library buttons are a common device used by libraries to promote library services and programs. They are also used by professional library associations to promote conferences and activities at those conferences. Library vendors frequently take advantage of buttons to promote their products and services to librarians. It's easy to see why they are a popular collectible among librarians. Over the years I have collected hundreds of library related buttons. I've selected a few to include on a Library Buttons page at the Library History Buff website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After recently retiring, I wondered what to do with all my buttons. They are now stored in a large washroom basket. (It is certainly no way to treat such heirlooms!) Many of the ones on the history site are included as well as others from 1969 to the present. Any suggestions on what to do with them?

Cruicin’ Thru Life said...

Gee Anonymous...
I would gladly take them off your hands and sport them on my lovely new library I.D. lanyard, along with my "Reference Is Cool" and We Do MORE; than keep the books at YOUR library" buttons.