Friday, November 21, 2008

Card Catalog Cabinets

The most popular pages on my Library History Buff website deal with library card catalog cabinets. As libraries have discarded these venerable artifacts people have embraced them for a variety of uses within their homes. They make wonderful storage devices for a wide variety of items. My wife and I have three card catalog cabinets which we find extremely useful. Because of my webpages on card catalogs I get a variety of questions by email. People want to know how to find one, how much they are worth, and where to find replacement hardware for them. I answer some of these questions on the "Card Catalog Cabinets" page of my website. Other pages on my website are the "Evolution of the Card Catalog" page and the "Library Catalog Cards" page.

No comments: